Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Orthorexia?

I had never heard of this until today. Thoughts?




Some of this seems a little reasonable. But once I got to the end I could hardly believe it. The stuff they said to stay away from was almost all good! Eggs? Really? Fruit? Really? Wow!

I think it's better to take a chance on eating less healthy foods then it is to starve your body of the calories and the nutrients it needs. Even if you don't get quite enough micronutrients, at least you'll get most of them.

I understand this is basically an obsessive compulsive disorder, but it is still frustrating for me to watch.

"You become what you consume. You consume dead food and death accelerates its presence eventually it takes over."

Well yeah, of course. Eventually we'll die! If this guy can get a nutrition job, why can't I?!

NOTE: Cooking certain foods in water can cause water soluble vitamins to dilute into the water...reducing the vitamins available. BUT many foods also require cooking so we can actually absorb some of the mironutrients.

No comments:

Post a Comment