Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Regarding the last post.

I am about to stop posting for the night. I was tired a long time ago. But now that I have this blog I feel like I need to fill it up with information that interests me so that if someone does decide to read it one day they find something useful.

I was thinking about the Orthorexia video and how horrible it would be. Even as a nutrition major I do not think very much about what I eat. I think, but I don't worry about if it's organic or if it's dying....I take the appoach of not wasting...I don't want to waste this carrot, it's only got a day left or...oh the cheese is a little moldy I will just cut the mold off and eat the rest...(...is that gross?).

I think the society we live in has really taught us to see our bodies in a different way then our relatives were taught in the past. I feel that in the past our grandparents, or at least mine, would appreciate their bodies for the strong, healthy, energetic bodies that they were. Without health they would have no livelihood. There were less convenience foods and unhealthy foods available. I don't think our grandparents had the novelty of stoppping at a gas station and buying a dozen donuts. So obviously their environment was a little different. BUT I still feel we all need to learn to love our bodies for what they give us.

We need to treat them like we treat other things that belong to us: we need to take care of them, to nurture them, and to strengthen them the best we can. The better health we are in now, the healthier we will be if something (illness, disease, accidents) does happen in the future, and the easier it will be to recover.

Don't forget to enjoy life today. Go for a walk. Play in the sun. Use a swing set. Do something to use your body and remember how great it feels to have one that works as well as it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment