Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I love Oatcakes.




Ingredients: Oatmeal (76%), vegetable oils, wheat flour, sugar, sea salt, sodium bicarbonate



I don't know many people who buy Oat Cakes, but if you haven't had them before I'd give them a try. I've heard that a lot of grocery stores don't carry them so you might need to look around a bit.


Here's some nutrition info (from the brand above compared to Tim Horton's):




I actually am surprised the highland oat cakes don't have a higher fibre content, since it's basically just oatmeal. They may not be the healthiest snack in the world, but I think they're decent. They always make me feel pretty satisfied, definitely more satisfied then eating granola bars or stuff like that. They are really nice with cream cheese and jam, sorta like a lil'cheese cake.

I have never tried the Tim Horton's ones, but I thought it might be interesting for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment