Thursday, May 20, 2010

A little frustration.

It's unfortunate that the rich seem to get rich and the poor seem to get poorer. I mean even in Canada it's hard for many people to access education. I have been lucky enough that my parents co-signed a loan for me so I could attend school. I worked through out university to try and keep my debt down, though 4 years later it is...huge. Even though I have completed my degree I still have a line of credit and OSAP to pay back. Unfortunately, because of this I will likely not complete a dietetic internship within the next few years (until I have paid of my debt and made enough money to support myself without income for a year...). So that sucks. By the point where I can afford to complete it I might need to take a refresher course too. I could go the route of completing a masters, because then I wouldn't have to start paying my debt back (cause I am in school). But I don't really want to, plus I'm not sure if my marks are good enough (I'd love to blame that on the fact that I worked through out school, but I know other people have too).

It sucks that to become a registered dietitian they make it so hard. I don't simply mean that people have to be smart, but you need to have access to money.

But I guess that's how it is for a lot of occupations, and I could be in a much harder position then I am right now. It still is discouraging though.

Maybe there is something hidden in the system that could help me out. Haven't found it yet, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. So, did you ever go back to completing your dietetic internship?

    It is actually possible to maintain interest free status on your OSAP loan during your dietetic internship...not a commonly known fact until you are an intern.

    ReplyDelete